If anyone is looking for a way to give back in June – here are a couple of options:
1. 826 Seattle’s Dance Your Cash Off
It’s time to dance. Dancing burns calories. Dancing allows you to strut your stuff. Dancing is a form of expression. Dancing makes you happier and more attractive and more out-going.
Dancing can also help raise money for the amazing programs at 826 Seattle!
On June 26th I will be bringing Team PANDA (People Advocating for the Need to Dance Artistically) to the dance floor of Nectar in Fremont to show the world how music, dance, and rhythm (or lack thereof) can change the world!
You can help in a few ways:
1. Sign up to dance, dance, dance with me and my friends. You’ll have to raise a minimum of $150 or you can pay it yourself! Thanks to Charlie, RV, Ann, and Shaunessy for agreeing to dance!
2. Donate to help Team PANDA reach our goal of $1500! Give $5, $10, $1,000,000!
3. Sign up to dance but actually give your dance number to someone else. I suggest an out-of-work Sonics dancer so they don’t embezzle money from people.
4. Recruit friends to donate and/or dance.
5. Come out and pay an entrance fee to watch people dance! (kind creeper-ish but if that’s your thing – that’s your thing)
There will be tons of prizes given out during the 5 hour dance marathon. You can take breaks. Costumes are suggested!
More info here: http://danceyourcashoff.org
And you can register/donate for my team here: http://danceyourcashoff.org/teams/people-advocating-need-dance-artistically-panda
2. DiscNW’s Youth Development Fund 5K Run/Walk
The Youth Development FunD Run 5K on June 11 will raise money for Seattle youth Ultimate initiatives, including subsidized youth Ultimate events and clinics targeted at under-served communities, team scholarships to aid participation in area tournaments and leagues, introduction of Ultimate to new youth groups, and individual scholarships to the annual Youth Club Championships in Minnesota. Prizes and fun to be had!
9am registration time, 10am start time
Register here: http://www.discnw.org/events/YDFunDRun.html
What are you waiting for people? Not only can you support great youth programs in Seattle – you can burn calories by running, walking or dancing! (Donating money burns far less calories but gives you equal karma points!)