What does your April look like? Mine looks pretty hectic.
1. April 27th is City Year’s Ripples of Hope benefit dinner. The whole office (especially our development staff) is gearing up for our biggest fundraiser of the year.
2. April 1st was City Year’s 3rd application deadline and my team will be working on selecting a portion of next year’s City Year corps members.
3. April 29th is the major benefit dinner for 826 Seattle and I’m still working to fulfill my duties as a board member by filling half a table (it’s my first year – a full table was too lofty of a goal at this juncture – next year for sure!). It’ll be a ton of fun with Dave Eggers, Tom Robbins and Myla Goldberg slated to speak/read. It’ll be held at Palace Ballroom and is going to be amazing!
4. April 30th is Comcast Cares Day and is a huge day of service at El Centro de la Raza. April 29th will be a big prep day for us.
5. April 30th-May 1st is Spring Reign! Spring Reign is the world’s largest co-ed youth ultimate tournament and is held in Burlington, WA. 100 elementary, middle and high school teams from across the western United States and Canada will converge to play in multiple divisions! Franklin HS is sending two co-ed teams. We won both the B and C divisions last year and are moving up to A and B this year!
In addition to all of the above – I have one board meeting and 3 ultimate games to coach. This doesn’t include the multiple practices per week, a Clara C show, and a non-profit tweetup this month.
Being busy isn’t a bad thing at all. I feel productive and love all the things I’m currently engaged in. This past weekend was amazing and even though April has been pretty rainy in Seattle – the forecast is looking extremely sunny in terms of how my life is going!